In general, the Institution contacts ECBE's Director of Finance and Administration (DoFA) regarding any question related to the membership status, including payments and subscribtion to ECBE events.
The institution contacts ECBE's Director of Accreditation (DoA) regarding any question related to the accreditation of study programmes.
Institutions should never directly contact or being contacted by a Reviewer, a Commissioner or the Chair of the Commissioners (CoC).
Read more about communication about the membership status
- The application form filled in by the institution seeking membership is sent to
- Decision (usually within 2 weeks after the application) is taken by the ECBE Board of Directors (BoD) and is communicated with the institution by ECBE's President or ECBE's DoFA.
- In this phase, the institution may contact the DoFA regarding any matter of the membership application.
Read more about the communications’ flows during the accreditation process
Stage 1: Application for accreditation:
- The ECBE Member institution submits an application together with initial documentation for accreditation/re-accreditation to the DoA.
- The DoA will contact the institution regarding the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and will agree on a preliminary planning for Stage 2 and Stage 3.
- In this phase, the institution may contact the DoA regarding any matter of the accreditation process.
Stage 2: Self-evaluation:
- Generally, no later than April each year, the DoA contacts the members with accredited study programmes, whose accreditation period expires in the coming academic year. No later than May each year the DoA communicates with institutions the tentative dates of the site visits for the coming academic year.
- The relevant officers of the applicant organization (first accreditation or re-accreditation) conduct a programme self-evaluation review based upon guidelines provided by ECBE and submit a Self-Evaluation Report (SER) to the DoA.
- The Director of Accreditation (DoA) contacts the Institution to agree on the details of the Review Visit.
- In this phase, the institution may contact the DoA regarding any matter of the Review Visit planning.
- DoA will notify the Institution regarding the appointment of the Review Team (RT) and the Chairperson of the Review Team (CoRT). The institutiom is given the opportunity to comment on the appointed RT members and CoRT and communicate about this with the CoR.
- Once the SER has been sent to ECBE and a visit date has been agreed, the CoRT will coordinate all matters dealing with the Review Visit, with the institution directly.
- In this phase, the institution may contact the CoRT regarding any matter of the Review Visit planning.
After the Review Visit:
- The CoRT will contact the institution in 4 weeks after the visit and will send a draft report, requesting the institution to identify any factual errors, within one week.
- After this, within one week, the final report will be prepared and sent to institution by the CoRT.
- If the institution still has comments on the final report, these may be submitted to the ECBE's Board of Commissioners.
- In this phase, the institution may contact the CoRT regarding any matter of the Review Visit that took place.
- The decision regarding the accreditation is taken by the Board of Commissioners (BoC) within 4 weeks after the final report is prepared. The decision is communicated with the institution by the ECBE DoA, within one week after the decision is taken.
- In this phase, the institution may contact the DoA regarding any accreditation related issue.
- Institution must not directly communicate with the BoC members or Chairperson of Commissioners (CoC).
The full version of the document can be downloaded here: