Board of Commissioners (BoC)
The current BoC consists of 4 members:
- Perry Haan, Commissioner, Chair of the Board of Commissioners
- Sebastián Bruque, Commissioner
- Natalia Antonova, Commissioner
Read more about the tasks of the Board of Commissioners
- After the Review Visit, and based on the Review Report, the BoC takes a decision about a Members’ accreditation, including the term of accreditation;
- The decision of the BoC is written down in a report using an agreed specific template;
- The decision about granting accreditation, and about the term, is taken only by the BoC. However, the communication of the decision to the Member seeking accreditation shall be done by the Director of Accreditation (DoA);
- The BoC can decide to delegate the in-depth research to one or more Commissioners, who will then submit their analysis to the complete BoC. Anyway, the final decision should be taken by the complete BoC;
- The BoC is informed about the evaluation made by the Reviewers of the Annual Programme Report of accredited Members, and takes action if necessary.
- The BoC will advise and propose adaptations regarding the accreditation criteria or procedures to the DoA.
- The Commissioners elect between them a chairperson, called “Chairperson of the Commissioners” (CoC).
Read more about the tasks of the Chairperson of the Commissioners
- Organizes all activities of the Commissioners;
- Chairs the BoC;
- Is responsible (controls) that the costs made by the Commissioners are within the budget agreed upon by the BoD;
- Proposes candidates to be Commissioners;
- Makes sure all procedures of the Agency are followed by the Commissioners;
- Explains the decisions on accreditation issues taken by the Board of Commissioners;
- Writes the official report about the accreditation request of Members which will be published on the Agency’s website;
- Makes sure all files and reports about any accreditation, and the minutes of the meetings of the BoC are kept at the registered office of the Agency, or at any other place decided on by the BoD.
- Prepares an annual report to the AGM on all accreditation reviews taken place over the last year.
- S/he reports to the BoD, being an ex-officio non-voting member of the BoD.
The BoC has the judicial power to decide on the requests for accreditation based on evidence, including the Review Report of the Review Team, the mandatory documents submitted by the institution and any additional documentation.
The BoC is composed of a minimum of three and a maximum of five members. Commissioners are appointed by the BoD for a period of maximum 3 years and their mandate is renewable.